Sunday, February 17, 2008

New York, New York




Last weekend Laura went to New York to be a tourist and attend a writer's conference. Rich took a couple of days off work (Thursday and Friday) to make the weekend a little longer. By Saturday Rich was getting a tad frazzled. He called the parents of one of Charlie's friends to set up a play date but the ten year old daughter, Lizzie answered. He told her his name and asked to talk with her mother. Lizzie said "I beg your pardon?" Rich said it again, this time more slowly. Again, Lizzie said she could not understand. After three attempts to say who he was and to ask to speak to her mother, Lizzie said "I'm sorry Sir, I cannot speak Spanish." Next time Laura goes away for a few days Rich will hire an interpreter to help him get by.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, that is too funny. I hope you had a great time in NY, Laura!

Mark said...

Is that what Rich speaks? I was have a difficult time too. Thx

Mark said...

Is that what Rich speaks? I was have a difficult time too. Thx